Contact Us
View Report!
No.: PR0827
TITLE: Alexo Coal Company, Limited fonds
CREATOR: Alexo Coal Company
DATE RANGE: 1919-1959
EXTENT: 0.51 m of textual records. – 18 maps. – 5 blueprints
HISTORY/BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH: The Alexo Coal Company, Limited (Ltd.) was incorporated May 18, 1920 as the Alexo Coal Mining Company, Ltd., and was to take over and operate certain coal leases owned by the Alexo Mining Company of Ontario. The mine was located near Saunders, Alberta, specifically at Township 40, Range 13, West of the 5th Meridian (40-13-W5) on Wright Creek, on the Stettler-Nordegg Branch of the Canadian National Railway. E.F. (Ernest Fleetwood) Pullen was the president of the Alexo Coal Company, Ltd. from 1920 until his death on May 7, 1951; he was succeeded as president by Peter F. Pullen. Peter F. Pullen became general manager of the mine in 1949. As a result of decreased demand for coal, coal mining operations were discontinued and the mine was closed in 1955.
SCOPE AND CONTENT: The fonds includes the business records of the Alexo Coal Company, Ltd., including daily journals, copy of the Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association, President’s annual reports, minutes of shareholders and director’s meetings, correspondence, financial records, liquidation records.
ASSOCIATED MATERIAL: Related records, primarily photographs, can be fonds in the Alexo Coal Company Ltd. fonds at the Glenbow Archives, Calgary, Alberta.
GENERAL NOTE: Information for the administrative history is from the Provincial Archives of Alberta Information files and the records. The region of the Alexo Coal Company Ltd. is represented according to the Alberta Township Survey (ATS) system.
Back to search results

Freedom to Create. Spirit to Achieve.

Home    About the Provincial Archives   Login

© 1995 - 2022   Government of Alberta    Copyright and Disclaimer    Privacy    Accessibility