Logged in as user  [Login]  |
ARHP
Return to Search Results Printable Version
 





Key Number: HS 31001
Site Name: Greenhill Mine - 26G - #5 Level Snow Shed 1
Other Names: WCC - Greenhill Mine - #5 Level Mine Entry & Snow Shed
Site Type: 0721 - Industrial/Manufacturing - Metal and Other Minerals: Mining Building

Location

ATS Legal Description:
Twp Rge Mer
8 4 5


Address: Near Blairmore
Number: N/A
Street: N/A
Avenue: N/A
Other:
Town: Crowsnest Pass
Near Town: Crowsnest Pass - Blairmore

Media

Type Number Date View
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Digital scan of Negative
Image
Image
15-R0127-05
15-R0127-06
15-R0127-07
15-R0127-09
15-R0127-10
15-R0127-11
15-R0127-15
15-R0127-16
15-R0127-20
15-R0127-23
15-R0127-30
15-R0127-31
15-R0127-32
19-D0012-24
19-D0012-27
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2015/07/22
2019/09/05
2019/09/05
N
N
NW
SW
W
NW
View S from HS 32395
S
NE
S, Interior
NE
E
NE
N/A
N/A

Architectural

Style:
Plan Shape: Rectangular
Storeys:
Foundation: Basement/Foundation Wall Material: Concrete
Superstructure:
Superstructure Cover:
Roof Structure: Medium Gable
Roof Cover:
Exterior Codes:
Exterior: Roof is metal sheeting.
Foundation: poured concrete piers.
Interior: Interior contains some tracke and also signs as well as a few cars and many trays of core samples.
Environment: Part of designated site Greenhill Mine 17529.
Condition: Structure: Good. Repair: Poor. AUG 1979.
Alterations: N/A

Historical

Construction: Construction Date:
Constructed
1913/01/01
Usage: Usage Date:
Mine entry & Snow shed
1913/01/01
Owner: Owner Date:
N/A

Architect: N/A
Builder: N/A
Craftsman: N/A
History: WCC - Greenhill Mine - #5 Level Mine Entry & Snow Shed
West Canadian Collieries - Greenhill Mine
1925-28 - first entry at upper yard level opened.
1944 - second entry opened and snow shed expanded.
Currently yard leased by Drain Brothers Construction and destined for demolition 1979-80.
Would make a good candidate for preservation and restoration of coal industry operation.

Internal

Status: Status Date:
Abandoned
1979/08/01
Designation Status: Designation Date:
Registered Historic Resource
1981/04/15
Register: N/A
Record Information: Record Information Date:
Tatiana Gilev 2003/08/14

Links

Internet:
Alberta Register of Historic Places: 4665-0220
Return to Search Results Printable Version



Freedom to Create. Spirit to Achieve.


Home    Contact Us    Login   Library Search

© 1995 - 2021 Government of Alberta    Copyright and Disclaimer    Privacy    Accessibility